Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Countdown to Disney

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We did, but now that it's over, we can officially begin the countdown to DISNEY WORLD!  Emmy and I leave in T minus 21 days!  And we're ridiculously a tad excited.


However, I'm beginning to fret a little bit over what to pack.  I mean, it's not as though we're going in the middle of summer and it's 100 degrees and all we need are shorts and tanks.  The highs will be around 72 (perfection), but the lows around 50 (not-so-much perfection).  Do we take our Uggs?  Tennis shoes, even though we're not really tennis shoe girls?  Shorts?  Capris?  Sweatshirts???  Rain ponchos????  EEK!  

I read a fabulous little series called Keys to the Kingdom over on The Handmade Home.  It was full of awesome advice (though I still don't know what to wear), and if you're planning a trip to WDW soon, you should definitely check it out! 

Want to know what I'm most excited about?  Here it is...

The last time I was at Disney, the Tower of Terror was still under construction at Hollywood Studios (then called Disney MGM Studios).  It loomed high up in the sky, full of sinister terror, yet it was not quite ready to ride.  My 12 year old heart was broken.  Now, 18 years later (double eek! Where does the time go??) , I'm beyond ready to finally experience it!!  

And what is my 4 year old the most stoked about?  
The Haunted Mansion.  And that is why I love her.  

And where are we staying, you ask?  Here:
The Grand Floridian.  Another place I have wanted to experience since I was 12.  

Okay, enough bragging for one day.  ;)

If you have any tips or tricks that you would like to pass along, please leave a comment!  It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment