Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

tornado outbreak

I've lived in the south all my life.  I'm used to severe weather.  In fact, I love it.  I'm one of those crazy people who love to be outside in the middle of the action.  Then my daughter was born four years ago.  Now, I take all precautions to make sure she's safe.  When severe weather is on the horizon, I clean out our centrally located coat closet, and when the sirens go off, that's where you will find us.

I don't remember a tornado season ever being as long as the one we're currently in.  We usually get about a month (April) of storms, and that's pretty much it.  We're almost in June, and we had another tornado outbreak last night!

Luckily all we got here in Fort Smith was high winds and hail.  At our local airport, winds reached 68 mph.  We have tree limbs all over the backyard.  But we're safe, and our house is without damage.  That's more than what can be said of our neighbors to the north.  My thought and prayers are with all the people who have recently survived or lost loved ones in the southern tornadoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment