Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

travel inspiration: Chattanooga, TN

Okay, I confess:  Chattanooga has never been on my list of must-see places.  However, I just returned from there, and it exceeded my expectations!  My husband and I went there to tour the Volkswagen plant (my dad is the local VW dealer), and we didn't have a lot of time to see the city, but I liked what I saw.  If you're looking for a smaller town with lots to do, give Chattanooga a chance!  

Location
Nestled beside the Tennessee River, Chattanooga is about a 90 minute drive north from Atlanta, GA.  With the mountains and river, the city is great for those who love the outdoors.

During our one night stay in Chattanooga, we rested at the Chattanoogan Hotel.  Located in the downtown area, the Chattanoogan is rated one of the top hotels in the area.  It also boasts three dining choices.  

guest room at the Chattanoogan Hotel

The top-rated aquarium in the country features two buildings - River Journey and Ocean Journey.  In the River Journey building, guests experience freshwater animals, while the Ocean Journey building houses penguins, sharks, butterflies, and more. There's also an IMAX theater and even a high-speed catamaran called the River Gorge Explorer.  

Just six miles south of Chattanooga is Rock City Gardens.  Here, you will find a 4,100 foot walking trail featuring rocks, caves, and gardens.  Rumor has it that you can actually see seven states from the Lover's Leap lookout!  

Lover's Leap Lookout.  Photo via seerockcity.com
There's honestly so much more to do that I'm not even sure which things to write about!  There's the zoo, the river park (which was really neat), shopping, and so much more!  For more information, visit chattanoogafun.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment